Monday, October 26, 2015

Dedicated to all the TRADERS out there

This post is specially dedicated to all the "TRADERS" out there. (Note:Traders, Not investors)

Honestly, ask yourself, have you been profitable?
If not, here is the tips from my mentor; the only current-day, real, alive and still surviving trader I know who is still profitable after so many years:

"I see that most aspiring traders focus all their attention on "set-ups" and on finding out which combinations of indicators work. But these people are never going to become profitable. Why? They are following the advice of trading books or "systems" that say trading is simple and psychology is everything. So they search for set-ups that 'work', and they hope that these setups can take the guess work out of trading. They want to be "disciplined" and have simple rules that guide all their actions in all contexts. But I have got news for you: you CANNOT take the guesswork out of trading!!!

I offer this opinion as someone who started last year with $30,000 and ended with $150,000 without a single losing month. I think I was successful because of the way I went about learning and what I focused on. My learning process was very different from the ones suggested. I learned that while psychology is huge it is not everything. And while trading is all about simple principles, actually having an edge is NOT simple. It's a myth that you can have a couple simple price or indicator set-ups and make money consistently if only you are disciplined. That's a load of crap. It keeps the dream alive for wannabe traders who never realize what trading is truly about."

I too believe if you trade following a FIXED SYSTEM, you will never be profitable. The keyword is "FIXED". If you have a system, that is fine. But your system must evolve and follow the market condition i.e you must know the market trend. And this, really is the hardest part. Otherwise you cannot be profitable.
Myself, only when I took a step back, took a break (for months) to reflect and subsequently changed my trading and investing strategies and throw away all the rubbish methods I learnt from the $x,888 rubbish courses, my winning rate improved tremendously and my stress-level reduce considerably. Such ENLIGHTENMENT is PRICELESS :-)